High Hopes Music Video

Panic! At the Disco - High Hopes Music Video Link










Overview

     The project we have been working on in Video Production was a music video. We had to pick a song that already exists and record and edit our own music video for it (using the original audio). My group chose High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco. Along the way we had to make a storyboard, a timeline, and a cast/location list.

The Process

     We had to record a ton of different scenes all over, including locations that we had to have a teacher come with us. We got the opportunity to work with brand new cameras on this project too. Unfortunately that made white balancing difficult and even the teacher had trouble so some of out shots came out blue and had to be adjusted in editing. Eventually we did get it working and still got some pretty good shots.
     In editing, I laid all the clips in Premiere Pro (after clipping them and deleting the mistakes) and ordered them. I adjusted them to somewhat go with the tempo and flow naturally. The biggest struggle was the first 4-5 clips. We didn't have a ton to work with and I had to use different selections from the same 2 minute clip. I think it still came out decent and works well with the nature sounds at the beginning of the song.
     The second biggest problem I tackled in editing was having enough shots. We recorded a lot but some of it was unusable and eventually the edited video was about 2 minutes long, while the song was 3 minutes long. We chopped out an entire verse and cleaned it up so it sounded more natural. On top of that, even with the shortened song version I ran out of clips and there was about a 10 second time with nothing in it. Getting creative, I figured out how to reverse clips, then made a faded summary of the journey of the main actor (Altic) as if it was him looking back at his progress.
     Ultimately, I do like my video. I could always clean up the tempo and fix the color corrections in the first 7 clips. I could also mess around with the reversed clips to get a better fit. All in all though I am proud of it and how I worked to get it that way. I hope you enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semester Reflection

Houses